Thursday, May 6, 2010

What now?

I don't know.
What else is there to do?
I've spilt my heart out a dozen times, and you've refused to absorb the majority of it.
You hear me, but you don't hear me.
Listen to what I'm telling you.
Please, for once, just open yourself up to me as if your life depended on it.
I've always been here, so why can't you be here just this once?
Where's that shoulder you promised me even if things didn't work out?
You said that it would always be there, but where is it now?
Would you let me lean towards nothing?
Would you let me hit my head on the floor even though you said you would be there to hold me up?
Don't lie to me.
Don't just leave me here to soak in my sadness.
I'm past the point of absorption.
I'm trying to forget, but still remember.
If you won't do it for me, do it for us and what we had.
Make your decision prove that it wasn't a waste of time, energy, and emotion.
Please say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment