Saturday, May 8, 2010

Debut (pr. Day-boo, not Dee-butt)

As I sit here eating my apple pie,
I begin to reminisce about my night last night.

Nicolette's debut was small, cozy, and initmate.
There didn't need to be so many people.
For once in a really long time, I think that our group of friends were comfortable.
Like Nico said in her speech, we haven't spent a lot of time together this year.
Fact is, I barely know some of them anymore.
It's a shame that we're all different people from the youngins we were almost 4 years ago.
It's a shame that some of us haven't spoken a word to each other in months.
Last night was a fun night and it sort of made up for the past months.
Maybe we didn't talk for long, but it's better than not saying anything at all.
The speeches, the dancing, the food, and of course the occasion, created a perfect atmosphere for a get together.
Maybe even call it a "catch-up" period.
We were all together, all dressed up, all looking pretty to celebrate one of our friends.
We agreed to go, we agreed to cater to the occasion, and we agreed to stick together for one night.
I know it's been a while, but it was nice to see everyone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment