Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy 18th Birthday M'Love .

My god-sister's/cousin's birthday is tomorrow, so I decided that I would surprise her with a little scrapbook/card. It's more of a scrapcard. I like that term. I think I'm gonna use it :)

So, here's a look at a few pages. Unfortunately it's STILL unfinished. It's taken me since Saturday to get this far, so. yeah. I'll make another post later to show the rest of the pages and final finishing touches.

For this scrapcard, I just found a bunch of old pictures (duplicates only so we still have an original for safe-keeping) and cut them up and basically made a mess. :) LOL. well not really, I really enjoyed looking at it and putting it together so, YES. Enough chit-chat. Let's get to it :) For this cover I took some wire (like from the previous card) and looped it twice to make sort of a branch for my flowers to sit on. The flowers are made of 4 things and all 4 things are RECYCLED!
1. Green tissue/gift-wrap paper,
2. A white flower from a broken lei I used for multi cultural day last year,
3. The centre of a "binder paper reinforcement". Yenno those circular stickers you put on the hole of your lined paper when the binder rings rip it? YEAH. RANDOM, I KNOW. But I used those things in green....cause I had them for some reason.
and,
4. A turquoise sequin I got of a bracelet. Stupid bracelet was on sale at Claire's for a dollar like 4 years ago and I kept it cause I promised myself that I wouldn't let the sequins go to waste.
HAHAHAHA yeah, little fun fact. (Y).
Anyways, after they all looked like this :) The actual size of the black card-paper was cut to a standard greeting card size, so yeah. It was a pretty small scrapcard.
After I wrote out her name that would be glued to the front of the card. Since I didn't have an X-acto knife to cut it out, I SADLY used a safety pin. It actually worked pretty well!
This is one of the pages I did. I started cutting random shapes and I ended up with this! I was cutting while watching Iron Chef America....that's probably why I have such a horrible cutting job.
For each page I drew out some patterns for the background, just so the scrapcard looks filled up and really detailed. It took a LONG time to figure each pattern out, but the Food Network kept me company and so did ex- Jon&Kate. I ♥ BIC MARKERS.
Yes. I do work on a bed. Not my bed. Goodness, I would never be caught with those sheets on my bed. But yeah this is to showcase the terrible mess I make. :)

No need to tell me, I already know I was a good-lookin' kid ;) Couldn't just have a pumpkin OR an apple. I just had to have both -_-"
I wish the pattern on this page showed a little more. It was so nice and clean. Especially along the bottom of the page.

Those are pretty much all I have done, and her birthday's tomorrow. GREEEEEEEATTTTTT. But like I said, I'll post the rest when I finally finish the whole thing and wrap it up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment