Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Apparently I Don't Buy Cards Anymore.

Recently I've gone DIY Card CRAZZZZZYYYYYYYY.
I don't even know why. It's like this is what I'm gonna be doing for the rest of my summer.
Oh well, atleast I have a hobby.

Anyways, Laraine's birthday is today, so I made her a card last night. :)
Really simple, it took me like 3 minutes to come up with this and put it all together.
The wire took a couple minutes, but putting it together was super easy.


First, cut some tissue paper into 1.5cm strips. (I eyeballed it and didn't bother using a ruler.)

Next, take some wire and make two leaves. Use pliers to help create the shape, and to twist the ends together.

The thing that makes this pretty is the flower. READY MADE! Gah, I love Michael's. Found these in the clearance aisle for $1.50:) Really really nifty.

Glue the tissue paper overlapping with a gluestick. Next glue the wire on with a glue gun. The wires are gonna make the flower pop up from the paper so don't worry if the wire isn't glued flat on the card. Next glue the flower on top of the wire. Use the glue gun for this so that it sticks to the wire a whole lot better than with a glue stick.

And voila! A simple yet really pretty card all for under 5 bucks :)
(sorry for the ugly picture haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment