Monday, July 5, 2010

Bonjour, et bienvenue a la Festival de la Couleurs du Monde.

Let's just get this out of the way before hand: Ste. Marie, your festival was welcoming, well-organized, and a lot of fun. So thank you :)

I know that I've been ranting to a lot of people about how I really didn't want to attend this festival, and to be honest, on that first day, walking into that school and realizing where we were staying, I was anxious to leave. But after a while, it all started to sink in and I realized what I was in for, and why I was there.

Some may not realize, but these festivals are work. Hard ass work. From driving for 10 hours to sleeping for 3, these things are exhausting. But nonetheless, they are just as exciting.

The past four days have been hectic, but they were worth it. It was time and effort well spent.
To hear feedback from a professional choreographer that I was one of his favourite dancers?
That was worth the sweat, frustration, and practice.
To meet new people and engulf yourself in their culture?
That was worth the experience and long travel.
To create experiences and memories with people you love and care about?
That was worth more than anything.

Although this festival wasn't a big one, it definitely was a great one. I didn't know what to expect, and I think it was better that I went into this expecting to not get any reward from it because in the end, I think we won the prize. The audience hadn't seen anything like us. We were a flock of asians in a sea of cauccasians. This was all new to them, and I am more than honoured to have been able to share the stage and arena with them.

My friends kept texting me to dance my ass off. And I did...to be up on the stage and see your troupe dancing in their colourful costumes on the big screen was a great pleasure.

Congrats FFDT, we have done it once again!
Merci Buckets, and we'll see you next Wednesday Drummondville!

No comments:

Post a Comment